Center Director Position-Illumination Early Learning Center
Illumination Early Learning Center (IELC) is a new state of the art early learning center, located in Kingston, PA, which is seeking a highly motivated Center Director. IELC is sponsored by the Jewish Community Alliance of Northeast Pennsylvania. IELC is a non-denominational early learning center.
Are you a person who has a strong desire to heighten the level of early childhood education in Luzerne County? Are you passionate about nature based outdoor play and the opportunity to provide a different early child care experience to children and their families? If so, then this is the position for you!
Illumination Early Learning Center has an anticipated opening date of mid-May 2019. In an effort to build a strong foundation with the community and the client, this position should begin 4 to 6 weeks prior to the opening date.
Our vision is to be an innovative early learning center consisting of children, families and educators who collaborate to construct enriched learning experiences. We aspire to be active, engaged, reflective, and intentional partners who will enhance the lives of children in the Wyoming Valley.
The Center Director will have the ability to create an environment that encourages the children to learn, teachers to excel, and families to thrive. The Center Director is responsible for center operations, ensuring compliance with all state and federal requirements. In addition, the Center Director will be responsible for the future attainment of Keystone State Stars and NAEYC accreditation. This center will strive to embrace the Reggio Emilia approach.
If you are an individual who meets the credentials of the position, is highly experienced and is exceptionally skilled in leadership and management, then you have found an amazing career opportunity.
- Maintaining a quality child care program which reflects the philosophy of IELC and adheres to state and federal regulations
- Hiring, managing, and training center staff and facilitating professional development
- Managing the center budget
- Overseeing staff to child ratios, record management, performance management, and schedule management
- Ensuring that DHS, Keystone Stars and NAEYC standards are upheld
- Striving to build and maintain enrollment
- Assisting in developing and maintaining marketing strategies, conducting center tours, maintaining the wait list, and managing enrollment
- Supervising classroom teachers and administrative staff
- Overseeing Curriculum Planning
- Establishing and maintaining effective community, family, and client relationships
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field with 30 credits in ECE, child development, special education, elementary education or human services
- Director Credential
- Minimum of three (3) years child care center management experience (for children 6 weeks – 5 years of age)
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role in the implementation of quality initiatives (e.g. NAEYC accreditation, Keystone Stars)
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in managing a program’s budget and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Must have current State Police, Child Abuse and FBI Background Checks
This is a full time, 12 month position.
The Jewish Community Alliance of Northeastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please send your resume to: Len Zimmerman, COO, Jewish Community Center, 60 South. River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org